Waltham Cemetery is situated on Ings Lane in Waltham. Some of the earliest burial records date back to September 1906. All the records were computerised in 2003, making it easier to trace all the burials that have taken place.
The Cemetery is split into sections A –G, with the oldest burials being in section A, and the newest in Section G. There are also two area’s dedicated to the burial of Ashes, these are situated in section E and F.
The Cemetery is a quiet and calm place to visit, it has several benches for people to sit and rest and it is set in a tranquil area of the village.
The Cemetery is maintained by the Parish Council, who employs a Landscape Gardening company to cut the grass, hedges and trim the trees when required. All of the maintenance is done with hand held machines, not commercial equipment, so to ensure that all the headstones and plots are not damaged.